Dublin, Ireland (Flexible working post COVID-19)
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company as a data scientist that offers excellent benefits, a good work/ life balance and affording terrific career prospects. The position is based out of our Dublin office on Harcourt Street. LexisNexis are transitioning to a hybrid work environment with the option to work from home 2-3 days a week.
The role of the Data Scientist will be to conduct statistical analysis, create insights and build predictive models for a variety of performance outcomes. You will work with a team of data scientists and should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, as well as working independently and taking initiative.
Why Work For Us:
* Opportunity to join a team of experienced data scientists who are driving innovation & are disruptors within the insuretech space
* Opportunity to be involved in all life stages of a project from ideation to delivery
* Work with a variety of datasets to extract real value
* Further develop and build upon your skillsets through working on projects that have an impact
* Opportunity to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across all areas of the business
* Flexible, hybrid style working and a great work-life balance
* Generous annual leave as well as paid volunteer and ERG participation days
* Conduct analysis in support of existing and new product development, and/or customer sales.
* With direction, conduct statistical analysis and apply machine learning algorithms
* Present analysis and findings to internal and external stakeholders
Preferred Technical Skills:
* 2+ years of experience using Python, R, SAS or similar software packages
* A firm understanding of data manipulation, statistical methods and modelling techniques.
* Experience of data pre-processing, creating insights
* Working knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies such as GLMs, Decision Trees, PCA, etc.
* Good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Excited about analysing data and eager to improve
* Ability to work independently
* High attention to detail
* Strong ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively.
Nice to Have (though not required):
* Basics of git, SQL
* A link to a git repo or similar of packages or projects that you have worked on
* Reporting in Rmarkdown/ jupyter notebooks
* Knowledge of the insurance industry
Experience & Education:
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, economics or equivalent quantitative methods, MSc in similar field an advantage, as well as 2+ years relevant work experience
Women in technology:
RSG is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
* Mentoring Scheme for Women in Technology
* Women's Network Forum
* Women in Technology Employee Resource Group (ERG)
RSG also proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
Diversity & Inclusion
As a global company, we understand the value of diversity, and our inclusive environment is what drives industry-changing innovation. Our Diversity and Inclusion Statement articulates our commitment to a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment that respects individuals and their contributions, regardless of background.
As part of this commitment, we support Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) as an opportunity for employees to contribute directly to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. There are several ERGs across the business and always room to create many more. Our employees receive 2 days paid hours to attend and work with our ERGs.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We have a culture of giving back to our local communities. That means every employee gets two paid days to volunteer for a cause close to their heart. We also offer a Wellbeing programme as we passionate about health and wellbeing as they're such important enablers to living a fulfilling and purposeful life